- Iwate Hospital, a private hospital, is established. Morioka Medical Training School is established.
Iwate Midwifery and Nursing School is jointly established.
- Iwate Medical School, a private university, is authorized to be established.
- Iwate Medical School is closed. (due to a medical education reform)
- Iwate Hospital Clinical Wing is completed. (present-day Building Number 1)
- Iwate Medical College Foundation is authorized to be established. (first president: Shunjiro MITA)
- Iwate Medical University School of Medicine Medical Course is established.
- Iwate Medical University Foundation is reorganized as Iwate Medical University Educational Corporation.
- Start of the newly-organized Iwate Medical University
- Further Medical Education Course is established.
- Graduate School of Medical Science is authorized to be established. (Doctor’s Course)
- The School of Dentistry and the School of Liberal Arts are authorized to be established.
- Iwate Dental Technicians’ School is established.
(present-day Iwate Medical University Dental Technicians’ School)
- The School of Dentistry Hospital is established.
- The School of Medicine Outpatient Clinic Wing, Ward, Clinical Lecture Hall are completed.
- The Memorial Library is completed.
- Advanced Emergency Center is established jointly with Iwate prefecture.
(present-day Iwate Prefectural Advanced Critical Care and Emergency Center)
- The Graduate School of Dental Science is authorized to be established. (Doctor’s Course)
- Iwate Medical University Cyclotron Center is established.
- Iwate Medical University Hanamaki Onsen Hospital is established.
- Iwate Medical University Hospital is approved as an advanced treatment hospital.
- The 60th Anniversary Memorial Hall is completed, the University Hospital Memorial Heart Center is established.
- The 70th anniversary
- Selected for the Private University High-Tech Research Center Project
- The Graduate School of Medical Science is authorized to be established. (Master’s Course)
- Dental Hygienists’ School is established.”
- The Dental Center is established at Iwate Medical University Hospital.
(The School of Dentistry Hospital isintegrated.)
- The School of Pharmacy is authorized to be established.
- The Yahaba campus is completed.
The School of Pharmacy and the Center for Liberal Arts and Sciences are established.
- The Memorial Heart Center is established at Iwate Medical University Hospital.
(The University Hospital Memorial Heart Center is integrated.)